Cycling in Provence
Enjoy cycle-tour holiday heaven in Provence with the Ajoucadou apartments.
Whether you are an experienced rider or a novice our cycling holidays are perfect for you:
- Self-guided with Garmin GPS
- Choice of different pre-loaded rides according to your level and interests
- Flexible length of stay 3 to 7 nights or longer if you wish.
- Flexible party size – our three luxury air-conditioned apartments can accommodate from 1 to 10 people. Note: our guests never share apartments with strangers, our tours are all individually put together for private parties.
- Flexible start dates – You pick when you want your Provence cycling holiday to begin and end.
- Choice of bikes – Mountain bikes, road bikes, hybrid bikes, e-bikes just let us know your requirements in advance
- No packing or un-packing – the beautiful and vibrant Luberon village of Lourmarin is your base for the week. It has numerous restaurants, café and bars to relax in after a long day cycling. For provisions there is a village shop, Tuesday evening market and Friday morning market.
- Local knowledge – From restaurants to vineyards we will make sure you stop off at the best places
- Pick-up insurance – From a puncture to a touch of cramp, our comprehensive recovery service will ensure that you are never stranded.
- Easy transfer – Lourmarin is under one hour from Marseille airport, Avignon airport, Aix TGV, and Avignon TGV. We can organise cost-effective transfers. There’s no need to hire a car. Your bikes will be waiting.
- We are proud members of Luberon Velo which is a non-profit association that seeks to put in place everything a cyclist might need on holiday, from first aid and bike repair kits to breakfast at the crack of dawn.
Based upon two people sharing a room, including bike hire, GPS guidance, and pick up insurance, our cycle tours usually cost as little as €100 per day per person. There is a supplement of €30 per day for ebikes.
Please use the contact box at the end of this webpage to receive a personalised quote.
Best price promise – if you find another comparable cycling holiday elsewhere in Provence, we’ll match the price.
What to expect:
Cyclists love Provence. And with good reason. The landscape is varied and full of the vibrant colour that inspired many impressionist painters.
The Luberon national park, where our tours are based, is one of the most celebrated areas of Provence. Hill villages with trickling fountains and bars with shady terraces abound. Olive groves, fruit orchards and vineyards dominate the landscape. The sky is often impossibly blue. The locals call the area ‘un coin de paradis’ – a corner of paradise.
If you chose to book a bike vacation in spring then you can expect to cycle through fields filled with cherry and almond blossom. Poppies dot the roadside and the temperature hovers pleasingly in the low twenties.
From late May the lavender begins to bloom, reaching its purple peak in mid-July. In the Summer cyclists are advised to plan their rides early in the morning and late in the afternoon. The temperatures in the middle of the day can be too hot for all but the professional riders of La Tour de France.
Autumn is a gorgeous time for cyclists to visit. From early September the harvest is underway in the vineyards and teams of workers can be seen in the rows of vines. The fall colours are as dramatic as anywhere in the world with russet browns, vibrant oranges and lustrous golden leaves transforming the landscape. Once again temperatures are in the pleasing low twenties.
Winter is often overlooked as a time for bike tours and holidays. The roads are quiet and the sky blue. There’s a pleasingly tranquility to being out on the open road in these months.
Please use the form below to reserve and to let us know if you have any questions. Please resubmit as appropriate if the number of your party is greater than 4 and you need to book multiple apartments.